lyrics to Rolling in the Deep

This is a place to talk about everything Adele.

Re: lyrics to Rolling in the Deep

Postby KidPistol » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:49 am

Bought my limited edition cd with the handwritten lyrics, bought June 3rd tickets, cant wait to see you. ADELE FANS: There's a really good remix album of '19' on ZShare for free I've been listening to.
http://www.zshare.net/download/828184573d7f5d09/

You're welcome :)
KidPistol

Postby REauxBeauxBoy » Tue May 10, 2011 9:28 am

RunrigCorvusCoraxFan wrote:Finally, I can see you crystal clear.
Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your shi" bare. (swear word)

Uh, LOL. Hi. No it is NOT "I'll lay your Sh** Bare" Hahahahah. It is "I'll lay your SHIP bare" it's a nautical / shipbuilding term that means "To decommission a ship or remove it from service". They remove all of the fittings and rigging and whatnot and "lay" the ship in dry-dock. The fittings are all very valuable and can generally be re-used. When a ship has been treated / decommissioned this way, it is said to have been "Laid bare".

It's important to check your references, etc. Several radio stations Un the U.S. Read your comment and actually BLEEPED OUT the word "Ship" fearing you were right, and not wanting to get in trouble with the FCC. I was directed to this comment by one of the DJs of such a station. I'm now trying to argue with them and having to direct them to an actual definition in the damn DICTIONARY so they REMOVE the bleeping and don't RUIN the song for everyone.

So -- just saying, though you're clearly a fan and I'm not mad about it or anything -- we should all be careful not to ruin our favorite artist's work.

Thanks!
Reaux
REauxBeauxBoy

Postby tmaherster » Tue May 10, 2011 11:33 am

She sang "shit" on Jools Holland last week. Maybe she changes it up sometimes, maybe the original lyric was ship. There is also an article posted on this forum, a paragraph of which discusses Adele's performance on Letterman. The article reveals how Adele's manager had to keep reminding her not to use the swear word during her performance (which was in the first 30 seconds of the song). The song was "Rolling in the Deep", the word was "Shit" and he was relieved when she didnt say it.
ImageImage
tmaherster

Postby adelevideos » Tue May 10, 2011 9:12 pm

the lyric is, "I'll lay your shit bare." She changes it to "ship" for American television, just like she changed "Pavements" to "Sidewalks" for an American audience.

I say shit to that!
adelevideos

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Tue May 10, 2011 9:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw

Also you can hear her pronounce a t which would make it shit.

hiher quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5_TjDzBEd8

its shit.

http://www.columbiarecords.com/artist/a ... _adele.jpg

if you read the handwritten lyrics it says shit :)

There ain't no point holding back the tide,
Still gonna get ya
'Cause every little bird's gotta learn to fly
Sooner or later
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan

Postby adelevideos » Tue May 10, 2011 10:24 pm

it's total SHIT!! SHIT SHIT SHIT!! hahahaaaaaaa
adelevideos

Postby Silvershell » Tue May 10, 2011 10:54 pm

Uhm.... yeah it's shit. Maybe she says ship as a substitution? But every time I hear her live on a TV show etc she either says "stuff" of nothing at all. Like skips it, it's a swear word i'm certain because in the states, our television programs are censored heavily and because she skips the word or says "stuff" its a clear hint that the word she is substituting is a curse.

...She says "sidewalks" instead of pavements for the last verse in the states to be funny, she mentioned that on her episode of "Unplugged" I think it's cute. I do wish that our TV shows weren't censored as much though -___-
ImageImage
♫And you can tell that we'll be here, for lifeeee♫
Silvershell

Postby RunrigCorvusCoraxFan » Wed May 11, 2011 12:21 am

Yeah but shit is a noun meaning (dont look if squamish) diarrhea, feces, when somethung is bad or umpleasant. I dont know why they cut it out. Chasing Pavements according to Urban Dictonary means about sex. But most americans dont know what pavements are and think Adele is sick.

There ain't no point holding back the tide,
Still gonna get ya
'Cause every little bird's gotta learn to fly
Sooner or later
RunrigCorvusCoraxFan

Postby Silvershell » Wed May 11, 2011 1:14 am

LOL.
I'm American, and i have three gay friends, and i have never heard that term used before. Even when i first heard of Adele and the supposed meaning of the song, i asked my friends and they haven't even heard that term before!
I never ever thought Chasing Pavements was a provocative song, because it isn't. I've heard Adele address that situation in an interview. But Urban dictionary is not reliable in the least bit. I could go define some random word right now and it'll be approved in no time. It's up to the person who reads it, to decide whether or not its a crock of bullshit. But yeah that rumor has come and gone for some time now...

And the fact that shit is bleeped out is stupid. Apparently, "tits" is just as bad, BUT THERE'S WORSE THINGS ON COMEDY CENTRAL!
ImageImage
♫And you can tell that we'll be here, for lifeeee♫
Silvershell

Postby albright_paige » Wed May 11, 2011 7:02 am

yeah it's "lay your shit bare"
she will change it sometimes though if she's on tv or something like everyone says.
Like tonight on DWTS she said lay your stuff bare or something like that and it sounded reallly off and weird to me but she has to do what she has to do, lmao.
albright_paige

PreviousNext

Return to Adele