**ADELE'S Articles and News Thread**

This is a place to talk about everything Adele.

Re: **ADELE'S Articles and News Thread**

Postby Georgina » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Oscars Impact: Streisand Spikes, 'Les Miserables' Album Drops

By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles | February 27, 2013 2:30 PM EST

Final numbers: Shirley Bassey's "Goldfinger" jumps 310% for the week; Adele's "Skyfall" nets 56% gain

The week's official sales figures are in, and, as previously forecasted, a lot of songs see gains thanks to exposure on Sunday's Academy Awards broadcast (Feb. 24).

The show, which occurred on the final day of the Nielsen SoundScan sales tracking week, featured a bevy of performances from the likes of Adele, Dame Shirley Bassey and Barbra Streisand.

Adele's "Skyfall," which earned her and co-writer Paul Epworth the Oscar for best original song, sees a 56% gain in sales for the week ending Feb. 24 according to Nielsen SoundScan. The tune sold 56,000 downloads -- up from 36,000 the week previous.

The song has now sold 1.6 million in the U.S. It's the first song from a James Bond film to win an Academy Award. "Skyfall" is expected to rise on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, from No. 83, when the chart is released tomorrow (Feb. 28).

Full article: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1550091/oscars-impact-streisand-spikes-les-miserables-album-drops
"20 bucks Adele takes home best movie tonight at the Oscars..."
Joe Jonas
DONE!
Georgina

Postby shadesofblack » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:07 am

Just_wandering wrote:Slow news day I guess...

Adele Eats At In-N-Out Burger After Oscar Success

Adele joined Ang Lee by eating at the Los Angeles’ fast-food restaurant In-N-Out Burger after the Academy Awards ceremony.

The Skyfall singer won her first Oscar for providing the single to James Bond’s latest movie, picking up the Best Song statuette on Sunday evening.

She then decided to go to the West Coast’s infamous restaurant, which is located on LA’s Sunset Boulevard, for a burger and some french fries. After this food, she then went back to spend time her son, Angelo.

Leaving an Oscar after-party early, she stated, “I think I am going to get an In-N-Out and go home.” The burger restaurant has the catchphrase, “Quality you can taste,” and is a favorite location for a hoard of celebrities, which
include George Clooney and Gordon Ramsey.

She wasn’t the only Oscar winner to grab a burger after the event though. Ang Lee, who picked up the Best Director gong for his work on Life of Pi, also ventured down to In-N-Out Burger in his Academy Award clothes before devouring one of the joints patented burgers.

Source: http://www.inquisitr.com/546682/adele-e ... r-success/

Just another reason why I love this girl! Every time I'm in California I have to have at least one In-N-Out burger. After reading this I spent the day fantasizing about a road trip with Adele following an itinerary based on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, laughing our asses off while the grease dribbled off our elbows.

Since apparently Adele has not yet passed her driving test I guess I'll need to do all the driving, and although standard road trip convention would then dictate I got to control the music I guess I would have to give in on that, otherwise the poor girl would have to listen to herself for the whole trip!

Shades, next time don't be so quick to jump on the 5 and head home. Stake out In-N-Out and let me know if she orders with or without!

Lol. On our way out we walked right by that In N Out. That was at 530ish. It was packed. Can you imagine her walking in there? Classic!!
shadesofblack

Postby Just_wandering » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:40 pm

shadesofblack wrote:

Adele joined Ang Lee by eating at the Los Angeles’ fast-food restaurant In-N-Out Burger after the Academy Awards ceremony.

The Skyfall singer won her first Oscar for providing the single to James Bond’s latest movie, picking up the Best Song statuette on Sunday evening.

She then decided to go to the West Coast’s infamous restaurant, which is located on LA’s Sunset Boulevard, for a burger and some french fries. After this food, she then went back to spend time her son, Angelo.

Leaving an Oscar after-party early, she stated, “I think I am going to get an In-N-Out and go home.”

Shades, next time don't be so quick to jump on the 5 and head home. Stake out In-N-Out and let me know if she orders with or without!

Lol. On our way out we walked right by that In N Out. That was at 530ish. It was packed. Can you imagine her walking
in there? Classic!!

When is an In-N-Out not packed? Always a bit of a wait but well worth it. But if Adele were there I would gladly wait a lifetime for my burger!
Just_wandering

Postby daris89 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:14 am

lol not 2013, but here's Adele eating a In-N-Out burger :) I would gladly save that piece of wrapper for the rest of my life :)
I'M SO PROUD OF YOU ADELE!
ImageImage
daris89

Postby whyo4 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:26 am

Leaving an Oscar after-party early, she stated, “I think I am going to get an In-N-Out and go home.” The burger restaurant has the catchphrase, “Quality you can taste,” and is a favorite location for a hoard of celebrities, which
include George Clooney and Gordon Ramsey.

She wasn’t the only Oscar winner to grab a burger after the event though. Ang Lee, who picked up the Best Director gong for his work on Life of Pi, also ventured down to In-N-Out Burger in his Academy Award clothes before devouring one of the joints patented burgers.

Just another reason why I love this girl! Every time I'm in California I have to have at least one In-N-Out burger. After reading this I spent the day fantasizing about a road trip with Adele following an itinerary based on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, laughing our asses off while the grease dribbled off our elbows.

Since apparently Adele has not yet passed her driving test I guess I'll need to do all the driving, and although standard road trip convention would then dictate I got to control the music I guess I would have to give in on that, otherwise the poor girl would have to listen to herself for the whole trip!

whyo4

Postby bennie-aimadele » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:01 pm

daris89 wrote:lol not 2013, but here's Adele eating a In-N-Out burger :) I would gladly save that piece of wrapper for the rest of my life :)

humm lol .. Lets say " I AM THIS BURGER " .. whose following me ? bahaha feels great woop woop OI OI !!
bennie-aimadele

Postby Just_wandering » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 pm

At this point should probably be on the rumors page, but I don't have time to search for it...

ADELE SIGNED UP FOR NEXT JAMES BOND THEME TUNE

Adele’s Oscar winning James Bond theme tune ‘Skyfall’ has been such a huge success that the film’s producers have made sure to sign her up for the next soundtrack.

The Bond films finally won their first Oscar after 47 years in the making thanks to Adele’s ‘Skyfall’ which saw her pick up the Best Song award at this year’s ceremony in LA.

A source told The Sun: "Producers are thrilled by how well the song has been received and hope Adele’s presence on the next film will replicate that success.

"They want her to become as synonymous with Bond as Dame Shirley."

Source: http://www.gigwise.com/news/79927/adele ... theme-tune
Just_wandering

Postby AnimExFeveR » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Just rumors. Adele may do another theme song in 10 years like how Shirley Bassey did though :)
AnimExFeveR

Postby bennie-aimadele » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:25 am

ImageImage
bennie-aimadele

Postby whyo4 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:35 am

Just_wandering wrote:At this point should probably be on the rumors page, but I don't have time to search for it...

ADELE SIGNED UP FOR NEXT JAMES BOND THEME TUNE

Adele’s Oscar winning James Bond theme tune ‘Skyfall’ has been such a huge success that the film’s producers have made sure to sign her up for the next soundtrack.

The Bond films finally won their first Oscar after 47 years in the making thanks to Adele’s ‘Skyfall’ which saw her pick up the Best Song award at this year’s ceremony in LA.

A source told The Sun: "Producers are thrilled by how well the song has been received and hope Adele’s presence on the next film will replicate that success.

"They want her to become as synonymous with Bond as Dame Shirley."

Source: http://www.gigwise.com/news/79927/adele ... theme-tune

Just read what joan rivers had to say on the David Letterman show. Her and langerfeld both need to have their mouths bricked shut. I'd volenteer to do it and pay for the bricks and cement.
whyo4

PreviousNext

Return to Adele